Pages

Saturday 28 January 2012

Favourite Classic Smokey Bar Songs

Been trying to find inspiration for songs the last few weeks so thought I'd share some ideas: (so hard to narrow these down to eleven)

.Fever - Peggy Lee
.Why don't you do right - Peggy Lee
.Cry  me a river - Julie London
. Summertime - Ella Fitzgerald
.Dream a little Dream of me - Doris Day  or Mamma Cass (couldn't decide which version)
.Georgia on my mind - Ray Charles
.What a difference a day makes - Dinah Washington
.Danke Schoen - Brenda Lee
. Something's got a hold of me - Etta James  (I wish I could sound like this woman!)
. Fool's Rush In - Peggy Lee


I'm starting to realise there are few songs that suit my voice but they have to be specific. The huskier the better so its lucky that all my favourite Lady's and gentlemen are husky piano bar singers.
I know these ones are quite obvious choices but they are the ones playing on loop at work this week so they make the list oh and this one, a modern one for all you modern muggles out there Imelda May (this girl can sing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment